Install NP Power BI for Retail
Take control over your operations by using the Power BI app for retail business. To install the application, follow the provided steps:
Prior to the installation of the Power BI app, request a free BC account from the NaviPartner website.
Populate and submit the registration form.
On the following screen, select the theme, and then the ERP system link.
Once the registration is completed, you will receive the necessary credentials. They will be expressed in the following format:
Use the credentials in the final step of the installation to connect to your Power BI Retail report with your test database.
- Log into your Power BI account.
- Go to the Microsoft app store and find our product NP BI RETAIL. Click Free trial to run the installation wizard.
- Once the installation wizard is displayed, click Install.
When the application is installed, it will be added to your list in the Apps section.
- If you've already installed the application, you can update it to the new version by selecting the first option in the update app pop-up window, or install a new copy by selecting the third option. After selecting the third option, you need to add a new name of the installation app, and confirm it.
- Once the app is installed, click on the application name to open its content.
You can review the contents with the test data or connect to your test database from Business Central.
- To connect to your data from the Business Central, you need to click Connect your data in the alert ribbon.
- In the Connect to NP Power BI for Retail popup window populate the three fields as indicated in the provided screenshots.
Ensure that you don't have any blank characters in the beginning and the end of the text you provide.
- Choose the Basic authentication type, and provide the username and password you've received when requesting a free BC account.
- Click Sign in and connect to synchronize your Power BI app with the data from Business Central.
This action may take some time, and after it's completed you will be able to see the refreshed data from your demo database.