Set up tickets using the Ticket Setup Wizard
This tutorial will teach you how to create the setup for a fully functional ticket.
- Click the button, enter Ticket Setup and choose the related link.
- From the Ticket Setup page, open the Ticket Wizard by clicking the corresponding action in the ribbon.
The Ticket Setup Wizard is displayed.
- Fill in the Code for the ticket type.
You can either choose an existing ticket type from the dropdown list or create a new one.
You can create a new ticket type in the Ticket Setup Wizard by typing the name of choice in the Code field, and then filling out the Ticket Type fields in the Advanced section of the window.
- In the No. field, write the item number of your choice or opt for automatic generation.
By default, a generic next-in-line item number will be generated and set to
<GENERATE>. This number can be changed to an item number of your choice.
- Fill in Description with the description for your ticket.
This description will also be the name on the web shop. However, you can change this in the Item Card under the Magento tab.
- Choose the Item Group for your ticket.
- Fill out the Unit Price for the ticket.
- Pick the Start Date and Until Date.
- Move on to the Schedules table and set the Start Time and the Stop Time of the ticket.
- Check off which weekdays the tickets will be usable on.
If needed, you can create several schedule lines with different start and stop times, and different weekdays, but still within the period between the start and until dates.
- Set your Capacity Control. For capacity control by amount, the capacity will usually be set to Sales, and for limited capacity it will be none.
- Set your Capacity Amount. The provided value determines the number of available tickets.
- Set Prebook From to determine how long in advance it will be possible to book the tickets.
Example: 14D = 14 Days; 3M = Three months.
- Check Prebook is Required if you wish to make the reservation mandatory. If checked, the reservation will be created on sales and admission will only be allowed at the time specified on the reservation entry. The default schedule rule applies.
- In Advanced you can choose whether you want the admission code to be generated automatically or if you wish to create one manually.
- Click OK.
The ticket is now created.