Self-Service Profile troubleshooting
My self-service configuration doesn’t work properly. What can I do to fix it?
It’s important to check whether all the necessary steps have been taken in the correct order to establish the effective self-service feature setup. Go through the provided checklist to see if something is missing:
- Create a POS Store.
This step is optional, depending on locations, the posting setup, etc.
- Create a POS Unit.
- Set the POS Type to Unattended.
- Configure the POS View Profile.
- The After End-of-Sale View needs to be set to Login View.
- The POS Theme is optional.
- Configure the POS End of Day Profile.
- The Master & Slave setup is required.
- The master POS unit needs to be identified.
- Both master and slave should have the same POS EOD profile.
- Configure the POS Named Actions Profile.
- Add the SS-POS where necessary.
- Provide the number of seconds after which the timeout occurs.
- Make sure that the same bin as the main one is used in the POS Payment Bin.
- Define the POS View for the screen layout.
- If you’re using a picture as a banner, insert it in the JSON file.
- Perform the timeout setup in the JSON.
- Optionally configure the special SS features like the cart view, plus/minus options on the button, and item addon buttons.
- Define the salespeople for self-service to be used in the POS menus.
- Define the languages to be used in the POS Menus.
- Define POS menus to be used within POS views.
The POS menus need to contain only SS POS actions.
- Define a POS payment method for self-service for EFT.
- Configure the POS posting setup for the SS payment method.
- Specify a POS theme that will be used.
- Set up the EFT interface for the payment type SSP (Adyen - EFT).
It’s not necessary to have a cash facilities machine that is interacted with.
- If the payment dialogue from Adyen is white, or has a white background, a fix can be applied.
A CSS (FIXCSS.css) file needs to be installed for the payment dialogue from the Terminal T (Adyen). If this fix isn’t working, a new CSS file needs to be created.
- The print template for the ticket with the specific printer format needs to be configured.
- Configure Major Tom for self-service.
- Configure hardware.
- FLEXI Outdoor Kiosk
- Adyen Payment Terminal
- Boca Printer