Set up POS Posting Profile
Each POS unit can have a different set of posting rules. The first thing is to set POS Posting Profile.
- Click the button, enter POS Posting Profile, and choose the related link.
- Create New.
- Add the Code in the indicated field.
- Add a Description.
- Make a selection between Store and Customer in the Default POS Posting Setup field.
Your choice determines whether rules will apply to the POS store or customers.
- Set the value of the Source Code field to Retail.
- Set the predefined posting group in the field General Business Posting Group.
- Set the predefined VAT posting group in the VAT Business Posting Group field.
- (Optional) If the posting profile is set up for the US localization, populate the Tax Area Code and Tax Liable fields.
- (Optional) If the posting to the General Ledger is done by posting the period compression, populate the POS period Register No. Series field.
- (Optional) If a customer is assigned to a specific POS store, populate the VAT Customer No. field.
- Define how the POS entries will be posted in Posting Compression.
- Uncompressed – Every POS entry line is posted as-is in the General Ledger.
- Per POS Entry – The lines are compressed per an account code within that entry.
Example: If there are 3 lines for sale with the same revenue account, the entry is compressed into one line in the General Ledger entry for that transaction.
- Per POS Period – All transactions within that POS period are compressed per the same General Ledger account.
Example: 100 sales lines are compressed as 1 line in the General Ledger.
- Specify the value of the Journal Template Name, which will be assigned to General Journal Lines in the POS Posting activity.
- Use the Max POS Posting Differences field to define the maximum allowed difference caused by the difference between currencies.
- Define the G/L account on which these differences will be posted in Difference Account.
- Use the POS Sales Rounding Account field to define the G/L account in which all sales rounding amounts will be posted.
- Define on which decimal spaces the rounding will be performed in the POS Sales Amount Rounding field.
- Define how the rounding will be performed in Rounding Type.
The possible settings are Nearest, Up or Down.
Add the POS Posting Profile to the POS Store
- Click the button, enter POS Store List and choose the related link.
- Select the POS store to which you want to link the prepared POS Posting Profile.
- Add the prepared POS Posting Profile to the POS Posting Profile field.