Stocktaking - overview
Stocktaking is the process of manually counting and recording all inventory that is currently available in a store. It ensures accurate tracking of stock levels, helps identify discrepancies, and provides insights for effective inventory management.
Before the stocktaking process is initiated, there are certain preparation steps that need to be taken in the order stated below.
- Create Item Journal Template
- Create Stock-Take Template
- Create Stock-Take Configuration
- Create Stock-Take Worksheet
- Transfer and Post Stock-Take Worksheet
The way in which you configure these entities will determine the finer details related to the stocktaking process. All of these can be saved as templates to be reused in different occurrences.