Create item journal templates
In Business Central, the item journal is used for posting adjustments, which is why it’s necessary to create the item journal template and the batch for the adjustment on the item first.
- Click the button, enter Item Journal Templates, and choose the related link.
- Crate a New template, and make sure that it’s clear from its name, description, and other fields that it deals with the physical inventory.
- Open Batches found in the Related dropdown list.
- Create a new batch, and name it DEFAULT (if one isn’t already created in your environment).
This batch will be used for the purpose of counting inventory content.
- In the No. Series field, select the number series that is associated with the physical journal inventory (e.g IJNL-PHYS).