Set up integration with MobilePay in NP Retail (EFT)
MobilePay is a digital-wallet software used in Finland and Denmark. It is best-suited for online purchases, as it enables online purchase with just one swipe.
From the customer’s side, the payment flow when purchasing from an online store is as follows:
- The customer enters the mobile phone number connected to the MobilePay application
- The customer accepts the payment in the MobilePay application
- The payment is charged to the card the customer linked to the MobilePay application
However, to enable MobilePay, the following procedure needs to be performed in NP Retail first:
- Click the button, enter EFT Setup, and choose the related link.
The EFT Setup window is displayed.
- Open the Payment Type POS dropdown and link the selected POS unit with EFT configurations for MobilePay.
- Select the appropriate POS Unit No. and the EFT Integration Type.
For example, MOBILEPAY_V10 will enable MobilePay V10 for the selected POS unit).
- Navigate to the Payment Type Parameters in the ribbon.
- Fill in all the fields.
- The environment can be either Production or Sandbox, depending on whether you wish all customers to have access to the MobilePay setup or not.
- An appropriate Merchant VAT Number should be populated for the MobilePay setup to be operational.
- The Log Level option should ideally be set to Errors in production environments to avoid logging of all details.
- Click Close.
- Open the POS Unit Parameters.
These parameters need to be configured for each POS unit.
- Select the store by clicking the ellipsis button next to the Store ID field and finding the one you want in the listed options.
- Proceed to the registration of the POS unit in the MobilePay backend. Keep in mind that the selected POS Unit requires the field Name to be informed for MobilePay purposes.
- If you are using a Bluetooth device or an existing QR code, and you have a Beacon ID (Box/QR), enter it into the corresponding field.
- If you’re using an MPOS, or another setup able to render QR code automatically, keep the field blank, as it will be automatically populated.
- You can also leave it empty if you don’t use a physical device, and print it once it’s being set in MobilePay.
- Enable the Only QR toggle switch if you’re sure you’re only using the QR code (no physical device).
- Once you’re finished with the creation of the MobilePay unit, click Create in MobilePay in Actions.
A confirmation message is displayed.
- If you decide you need to unregister a POS unit in MobilePay, you simply need to click Delete in MobilePay option in Actions. The Beacon ID (Box/QR) will be preserved locally, and it will be reusable.