Create a new coupon
Coupons can provide the discount to the sum of item prices on checkout if certain conditions are met. Coupons can be issued with a reference number, which is unique, or have a number defined to be used several times. They can be accessed and set up in the Coupon Types administrative section. Additionally, you can create a coupon either for all customers, or for a specific group of customers. If you wish to create a new coupon, follow the provided steps:
- Click the button, enter Coupon Types and choose the related link.
The available coupon types are displayed.
- Click New.
- Populate the following fields:
- Discount Type
- Discount Amount/Discount %
- Issue Coupon Module (Default)
- Reference No. Pattern
- Apply Discount Module - Select DEFAULT unless you have restrictions for some of the items in place. If there are some restrictions, select ITEM_LIST, and then apply the discount settings for the items of your choice in the Setup Apply Discount window (Setup > Setup Apply Discount).
- Click Issue Coupons and select the quantity of coupons that should be issued.
The issued coupons will now be visible in the Coupons administrative section. You can copy the Coupon Reference No. of the coupon you wish to apply, since you will need to apply it to the POS.
- Navigate to the POS to scan coupons.
- Add items to the shopping cart, and click Scan Discount Coupon.
- Provide the Coupon Reference No. in the window that pops up.
The discount coupon is now applied.