Configure the SMS Setup
This topic describes the process of configuring the SMS Setup in Business Central. As soon as the necessary setup is completed, the SMS functionality can be used.
- Be a fully licensed Business Central user.
The delegated administrators and users can’t use the tenant’s email account.
- Click the button, enter SMS Setup and open the related link.
You can use the reference guide to learn what the purpose of each field in the SMS Setup Card is.
- In the General section make a selection of the SMS Provider in the adequate field.
The content of the following tab will be different depending on your selection in the SMS Provider field.
- Specify the time until the message gets discarded in the Discard Msg. Older Than [Hrs] field.
- In Job Queue Category Code select the Job Queue that will be used for processing queued SMS messages.
- In Auto Send Attempts specify the number of attempts before the message gets discarded.
- Set up the provider.
SMS Provider Setup
If you choose NaviPartner as SMS Provider, complete the following steps:
- In Customer No. define the NaviPartner customer number that will be used for billing.
- In Default Sender No. provide number that will be used for sending.
- In Domestic Phone Prefix provide the calling code that will be used if it wasn’t previously specified in the customer’s phone number.
If you choose Endpoint as SMS Provider, complete the following steps:
- In the SMS Endpoint field define the alternative SMS provider that will be used instead of NaviPartner. If the necessary endpoint isn’t shown, a new one can be created in the Nc Endpoints page.
- In the SMS-Address Postfix field, provide the value that will be added to the recipient’s phone number.
- In Local E-Mail Address, provide the email that will be added to the Sender field.
- Specify the name of the created task in the Local SMTP ‘Pickup’ Library field.