Set up Adyen payment integration
To set up the Adyen payment integration in NP Retail, make sure the prerequisites are met, and follow the provided steps:
Create an API key for Adyen.
To allow Business Central to interact with Adyen’s API it requires a set of access credentials. The integration uses basic authentication and therefore requires a username and a password. Please follow Adyen’s documentation on how to generate a basic authentication password.Ensure that the webservice user is enabled and has the both the Merchant PAL webservice role and the Checkout webservice role enabled.It's recommended to create a new user which will not interfere with any other integrations.
Procedure in Business Central
Click the button, enter Payment Gateways, and select the related link.
Click New to create a code for Adyen.Depending the required setup, the options to enable Capture, Refund and Cancel need to be flagged as illustrated in the screenshot above.
Click Show Setup Card to update the fields listed below:
- Merchant Name - The name of your merchant with Adyen.
- Environment - You can choose either the Test or the Production environment.
- API URL Prefix - The URL prefix for your live Adyen account.
Follow the guide on finding the endpoint URL for the live account to find this value. This configuration is only required if Environment is set to Production.
- API Username - The username obtained during the API credential generation.
- API Password - The password obtained during the API credential generation.